Web lists-archives.com

Re: Moderation Notice

Good Guy wrote:
On 17/07/2017 15:59, WaltS48 wrote:
On 7/8/17 11:03 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 7/8/17 2:06 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
Today, I received the following E-mail from "super moderator" Ilias,
with the Subject "Mozilla message removal eligibility notification":

David, I've already sent you messages 4 messages in the past about your
habit of posting off-topic messages, and explained how to move
discussions somewhere else (like the general mailing list). The purpose
of warnings is to help you understand the rules before it gets to the
point of moderation. You've been posting a lot of OT messages lately,
and after 4 warnings and not having seen you set a followup to
mozilla.general in 3 years, it's clear to me that you're either not
willing to follow the posting rules or you're unable to, and informing
you about the your habit of posting off-topic messages is having no
effect. I'm not going to keep sending you warnings every few months.

As per <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/cancellation/>, this
message is to inform you that your future infringing posts will be held
for moderator approval before making it to the forum.

I see three things wrong with this:

*  Ilias fails to indicate in which newsgroup my offense occurred.

*  Ilias fails to indicate what posting of mine offended.

I've received a few of those in the past.

He never needed to indicate which newsgroup or what posting I was being
reprimanded for.

I know when I've been bad. 😈

I am sad.

One of my posts didn't appear in m.support.firefox and I didn't get a notice.

😞 😞 😭 😭

The FF server was down as far as I can see.  two of my posts didn't appear on
Saturday but I posted something ridiculous yesterday and it appeared almost
immediately.

The two posts were about HTML in posts as somebody asked about it.  All I did
was post to the etiquette page for him to read it but this didn't appear.  So I
can only guess that the server was down and the posts went missing.

I think we should encourage people to use Mozilla General for any questions as
they are likely to get solutions pretty quickly.  FF and TB newsgroups are
almost dead.  nothing is happening in those groups.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
higher than any previous version of windows.

I do agree with you, /firefox/ and /thunderbird/ are much less important than *seamonkey*

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

QOTD:
	"I've got one last thing to say before I go; give me back
	all of my stuff."