Web lists-archives.com

xscreensaver annoyance

Slackware 14.2.

I've installed the libgnome.so.whatever so it doesn't whine about that any more, but it still won't run under root even if I do the xhost +localhost thing. JWZ tore me a new one a couple of decades ago for running as root, but at this point I can't change even if I wanted to. Has anybody figured out a workaround or done the heavy lifting on editing its source file? Or done anything else useful?

It USED to work, probably when slack included GNOME.

I can get GLSlideshow to run in a window, and that's what I want to use as a screensaver.

I just want to use a succession of photos in my /pix/ subdirectory as a screensaver. Is this really that weird?

--
Cheers, Bev
    You know how dumb the average person is?