Web lists-archives.com

Re: Moderation Notice

Is is plain catharsis. That's all.

Good Guy wrote:
On 08/07/2017 19:06, David E. Ross wrote:
Today, I received the following E-mail from "super moderator" Ilias,
with the Subject "Mozilla message removal eligibility notification":

So what do want us to do about this? Why don't you contact Ilias and ask him or just ignore the notice and continue with what you are used to doing. We are all subject to Moderation; For example my two posts of today's date haven't appeared on FF newsgroup and I don't expect them to appear; That's life but I don't sit at my desk and cry about it and post rubbish on General Newsgroup about it. Life just goes on.

David, I've already sent you messages 4 messages in the past about your
habit of posting off-topic messages, and explained how to move
discussions somewhere else (like the general mailing list). The purpose
of warnings is to help you understand the rules before it gets to the
point of moderation. You've been posting a lot of OT messages lately,
and after 4 warnings and not having seen you set a followup to
mozilla.general in 3 years, it's clear to me that you're either not
willing to follow the posting rules or you're unable to, and informing
you about the your habit of posting off-topic messages is having no
effect. I'm not going to keep sending you warnings every few months.

As per<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/cancellation/>, this
message is to inform you that your future infringing posts will be held
for moderator approval before making it to the forum.
I see three things wrong with this:

*  Ilias fails to indicate in which newsgroup my offense occurred.

*  Ilias fails to indicate what posting of mine offended.

*  Most important, Ilias claims that I have not set a followup to
mozilla.general in three years. WRONG!  My archives of newsgroup
messages that I post go back only to March 2016.  In the past 16 months
-- much less than three years -- I set Followup-To for mozilla.general
at least three times, not counting this message.

By the way, when I do set Followup-To, I aways indicate that in the body
of my message.

Cross-posted:
	mozilla.general
	mozilla.dev.mozilla-org

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.