Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF 52.2 ESR/linux

On 7/4/17 5:37 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
Virgin profile so I can figure out why FF crashes/sops up all memory/blinks quietly out of existence several times a day. No personalization at all beyond what FF offers within itself.

I can override the nanny-behavior when I log in to a website (in this case, linuxquestions) by typing the username and hitting enter, BUT the goddam message makes it impossible to see if I've typed the username correctly. Right now I'm in a 15-minute timeout because I did it wrong 5 times. (My keyboard, which I otherwise love, drops a letter every once in a while.)

I don't remember ever seeing this before. Is there anything I can do about it? I ALWAYS want to be able to see the logins while I'm typing.

I take it you are logging into http sites and seeing the, "This connection is not secure." In-context warning.

I have never seen it cover the Username or Password fields.

I also don't type anything. I let Firefox remember them, and use the Secure Login (WebExtension), to enter the information with one click of the icon in the toolbar.

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/secure-login-webextension/>

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>