Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is FF losing popularity in so dramatic way?

On 07/03/2017 02:38 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 3/07/2017 3:15 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 07/02/2017 03:29 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 22/06/2017 1:33 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 06/21/2017 12:29 PM, Sailfish wrote:
6/21/2017 9:02 AM:

I'm ashamed to say I don't know how to disable ethernet (no wifi on
the
machine) without pulling plugs.  I'll think of something.  Maybe...

Is just removing plug on your target machine too difficult?

Actually yeah, but pulling the plug on the router is easy.  We have to
do that every once in a while anyway -- like 10 minutes ago :-(

Linux.  No explorer.

Why not Konqueror or Dolphin??

Loyalty.  I've been using FF/Netscape since 1994.  I tried Konqueror. It
was OK.  I put Dolphin on my phone, but took it off again for some reason.

For sure, use FF/SM for your browser, but I was meaning
Konqueror/Dolphin/Midnight Commander (I think) as your File Manager!

Mostly I just use locate, cp, mv, and a selection of altered ls commands depending on how I need the subdirectory sorted. Sometimes something has a weird filename that these commands can't deal with, and then I use mc.

--
Cheers, Bev
  "I never understood why anyone would go to the trouble to write a novel