Web lists-archives.com

Re: dropping alsa support and forcing pulseaudio

On 07/02/2017 06:33 PM, Jigme Datse Yli-RAsku wrote:
> While I lean strongly on you being "mostly right" the problem is what
> you're asking is developers to either only support your favourite thing,

one more point.  ALSA works with everything but firefox.  ALSA is not
"my thing".  ALSA is the core audio component for the Linux Kernel, and
it works wonderfully for nearly a decade now, while pusleaudio is a toy,
a broken one at that, what runs as a wrapper for ALSA.  I'm not asking
Mozilla to do anything other than leave the product alone.

Ruben