Web lists-archives.com

Re: dropping alsa support and forcing pulseaudio

On 07/02/2017 06:33 PM, Jigme Datse Yli-RAsku wrote:
> I hope this decision to be so insistent on not using software from a
> person who is an arrogant asshole works out for you.  Because, I'm sure
> once you find out Linus is an arrogant asshole, you'll decide that you
> just can't use anything that was developed by him either.

I've known Linus for thirty years and he has never produced or treated
anyone ever like Pottering or forced anyone or coerced anyone ever to
use his software.

Aside from that, Linux actually works.

But what does that have to do with the point?  Anyone who installs and
runs pulseaudio is frankly blind and an idiot.  It is fat, broken, and a
security hole and makes desktops crash.  But if you want to use it, go
ahead.  Just don't force that crap on me.

I don't chose to use it and I resent firefox breaking perfectly working
audio to coerce me to use it.

Firefox is now a dead end.