Web lists-archives.com

Re: Thunderbird Version query.

On 6/25/17 11:41 AM, David B. wrote:
On 25-Jun-17 4:30 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 6/25/17 11:13 AM, David B. wrote:
On 25-Jun-17 3:42 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 6/25/2017 3:42 AM, David B. wrote:
May I ask your opinion on the code I discovered on a web site a while
ago? There are what *I* consider to be SPAM links, towards the bottom of the page - the site has now, supposedly, been taken down. I've tried to
discover WHO put the links on the site .... and WHY! First, here's the
code:-

Sorry, but I do not evaluate code.

OK. I thought you might undersand it better than most folk!

What about this instead? Why the web tracker, shown here?

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=www.identit.ca

The site has, supposedly, been taken down.

D.

What does this have to do with Thunderbird support?

Only that I use Thunderbird to read the Usenet posts.

Most of these groups are high-traffic and read by busy people, so please pay attention to the topic of your messages, and check that it still relates to the charter of the forum to which you are posting. Off-topic discussion not taken to private email, mozilla.general, or any place where it is not considered off-topic, by someone who knows they should be taking it elsewhere, is eligible for removal from the news server.

REF: <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/etiquette/>

Cross-posted and Followup set to m.general

Noted!

*Be kind to newcomers*!

Newcomers may be annoying. They ask the wrong questions, including ones that seem obvious (or whose answers seem easy to find). But lots of valued contributors started out this way, and treating newcomers kindly makes them more likely to turn into the valuable community members we all know and love (and cut some slack when they mess up). So while you don’t have to humor them or suffer them gladly, and it’s fine to point out when they make mistakes, point newcomers in the right direction in addition to turning them away from the wrong ones, and be kind to them in the process of correcting their transgressions.

I was kinder than the moderator who appears to be MIA. 😇

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>