Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is FF losing popularity in so dramatic way?

The Real Bev wrote:
You could disable wifi on your machine just before installing Fx47 with
desired profile, install and opening and disable the update then set
Firefox Update to *Never check for updates*

I'm ashamed to say I don't know how to disable ethernet (no wifi on the machine) without pulling plugs. I'll think of something. Maybe...

Disconnecting your wi-fi (or Ethernet entirely) via configs is one of those things that's easy enough to do, once you've seen how to do it.

This particular instruction is for Windows 8, but a little net searching should turn up similar instructions for Win 7 or Win 10: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2065139/turn-ethernet-settings-windows.html

There's also several third-party utilities out there. One that I know about is: http://crystalrich.com/internetoff/

Smith