Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is FF losing popularity in so dramatic way?

On 06/22/2017 09:34 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what PietB graced us with on 6/22/2017
1:02 AM:
Sailfish wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
I'm ashamed to say I don't know how to disable ethernet
(no wifi on the machine) without pulling plugs.  I'll
think of something.  Maybe...
Is just removing plug on your target machine too difficult?

I've seen quite a few situations where unplugging a network
or other cable required acrobatic skills.

Mostly for me, that's the easy part. It's the untangling part that
generally wreaks havoc on an otherwise placid system.

I can't reach behind my machine(s). In effect, my keyboard and monitor are molded into a virtual wall. Something died back there, and I could either learn to live with the smell until it dried out and stopped smelling or disassemble a lot of stuff, including the network, 150 feet of other cable (the ends of which were unknown), furniture-analogs and an LP record collection. It might have been in the real wall. Who knew?

Took about 3 weeks. Less than one can of Febreze. And the flies were really stupid and slow and easy to swat.

--
Cheers, Bev
    You know how dumb the average person is?