Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is FF losing popularity in so dramatic way?

On 6/22/2017 11:34 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what PietB graced us with on 6/22/2017 1:02 AM:
Sailfish wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
I'm ashamed to say I don't know how to disable ethernet
(no wifi on the machine) without pulling plugs.  I'll
think of something.  Maybe...
Is just removing plug on your target machine too difficult?

I've seen quite a few situations where unplugging a network
or other cable required acrobatic skills.

Mostly for me, that's the easy part. It's the untangling part that generally wreaks havoc on an otherwise placid system.

All I have to do is reach behind the router, which is on my computer desk, and pull a plug, but the catch is that I so seldom need to do that that I can't remember which color goes to which computer, and it seems that in spite of the odds, always manage to unplug the wrong one!
Good old Murphy!