Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Radio Shack

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 6/20/2017 8:54 AM:

And not cheap. And the staff didn't know much, certainly not about the few parts they still offered. I hope they were suitably embarrassed that a grandma knew more about their stuff than they did.

heh

I think the last time I visited a Radio Shack was when I went in and looking around and, only seeing more expensive than WallyMart electronic gadgets, asked the attendant where the solder was and he uncertainly suggested I look at some dim lit corner of the store. Then, inquired if I was interested in a cell phone plan.

It was odd to realize that the emotion I was experiencing at that moment was probably very close to what a carriage driver felt when visiting a downsized horse and buggy store looking for a buggy whip.

--
Sailfish