Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Radio Shack

Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Luis graced us with on 6/18/2017 12:51 PM:
Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on 6/18/2017 10:34 AM:
Reminds me of Radio Shack and their changes.

Heck, I was upset when Radio Shack bought out Allied Radio/Electronics.

Unfortunately the good old days of do-it-yourself electronics is gone forever. I still miss those says when I designed and build my own electronic equipment. We are getting older. Now we buy, use and throwaway; mostly Made-in-China garbage.

Yep, but they still offer electronic kits (sans soldering irons) that are great gifts for grandkids. REF: https://www.amazon.com/snap-circuits/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asnap%20circuits

After following the link I was looking around and landed in this page:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HEBHWWW?psc=1
My grandchildren live in London so to compare prices I replaced .com by .co.uk and got this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HEBHWWW?psc=1
The same product is priced US$27.19 in USA and £71.99 in UK. WHAT?