Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is FF losing popularity in so dramatic way?

On 6/18/2017 11:23 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Andy Burns graced us with on 6/18/2017 7:09 AM:
Mayayana wrote:

[FU set]

it is true that FF is losing share dramatically.

Not surprising, produce a browser and extol the virtue of add-ons and customisability, gain a user-base, life is good, start aping a competitors browser, lose some users, slowly kill off the add-ons, wonder where the rest of the users went?

Chrome is taking it, which I find amazing, given that
Google is the king of spyware. But it seems that most
people just don't care about Google spying.

I went to Iron, which is the least Googly chrome-based browser I can see.

I'm curious why *so many* like Chrome. Maybe they get used to it on Android?
I also used firefox on android, still do actually.

I have complaints with Firefox and its forks, but there's
no other browser I'd even consider using.

I would have said the same a few months ago, or thought I'd move to palemoon, but I guess everyone has their threshold.

I suspect when Fx57 (XPCOM redaction) hits there will be a significant drop in Fx usage since many of the popular add-ons will no longer work.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'll do since I rely on many of them. I'll probably just use the last version of Fx56.

That's what I plan on doing, until something changes to make that unfeasible. I just wonder why Mozilla decided to kill Firefox as we have known it. Reminds me of Radio Shack and their changes.