Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is FF losing popularity in so dramatic way?

On 18-Jun-2017 1:02 PM, S. McDuff wrote:
On 18-Jun-2017 12:23 PM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Andy Burns graced us with on 6/18/2017 7:09 AM:
Mayayana wrote:

[FU set]

it is true that FF is losing share dramatically.

Not surprising, produce a browser and extol the virtue of add-ons and customisability, gain a user-base, life is good, start aping a competitors browser, lose some users, slowly kill off the add-ons, wonder where the rest of the users went?

Chrome is taking it, which I find amazing, given that
Google is the king of spyware. But it seems that most
people just don't care about Google spying.

I went to Iron, which is the least Googly chrome-based browser I can see.

I'm curious why *so many* like Chrome. Maybe they get used to it on Android?
I also used firefox on android, still do actually.

I have complaints with Firefox and its forks, but there's
no other browser I'd even consider using.

I would have said the same a few months ago, or thought I'd move to palemoon, but I guess everyone has their threshold.

I suspect when Fx57 (XPCOM redaction) hits there will be a significant drop in Fx usage since many of the popular add-ons will no longer work.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'll do since I rely on many of them. I'll probably just use the last version of Fx56.

How about Waterfox.

Features:
     Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
     Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
     Removed Pocket
     Removed Telemetry
     Removed data collection
     Removed startup profiling
     Allow running of all 64-Bit NPAPI plugins
     Allow running of unsigned extensions
     Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
     Addition of Duplicate Tab option
     Locale selector in about:preferences > General

https://www.waterfoxproject.org/

Better download link:
https://www.waterfoxproject.org/downloads