Web lists-archives.com

Re: Send Firefox to your phone,and unleash your Internet.

My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 6/15/2017 7:49 AM:

Nope, added an app. It used too much of my data.

Well, maybe it was the updates for apps I'll never use. 🤔

I can fire up the browser when needed.

Still experimenting. Might disable Mobile Data, and just enable it when I want to use the browser.

All I care about is text and phone working.

If you plan to use the Google Maps app, here's a way to save a cached version of a map of interest ahead time, say when you are connected to WIFI. Once saved, you won't need a wifi or data connection to interact with the map. REF: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-cache-offline-maps-in-google-maps-7-0/

Note: There are other GPS-type apps that's free and allows you to download the entire US map for free using your wifi connection ahead of time but may lack the real-time "quickest route" feature available in Google Maps. Below is an example:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapfactor.navigator&hl=en

--
Sailfish