Web lists-archives.com

Re: I'm Really Not Dead

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 6/13/2017 12:29 PM:
On 06/13/2017 11:20 AM, Sailfish wrote:

[soliloquy type="fauxPoignancy"]
One wonders as they approach the fearful precipice as to what waits
beyond, whether it be abyss or bliss, Nietzsche's admonition or St.
Peter's open arms after their dormition.
[/soliloquy]

And there's no need for 'their' before dormition either. Nice word. Did you make it up? If so, you spelled it correctly!

Also, I just noticed that I hadn't spoke to the use of using "their" there. Since I noticed that was was specifically used in reference to the Virgin Mary's ascension to heaven, I felt I needed to include this wee bit of blasphemy to separate mere mortals also getting there using the anti-grav route.

--
Sailfish