Web lists-archives.com

Re: I'm Really Not Dead

On 06/13/2017 11:20 AM, Sailfish wrote:
6/13/2017 5:45 AM:
On 6/13/2017 4:56 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 13/06/2017 1:10 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 6/12/2017
3:10 AM:
On 12/06/2017 10:02 AM, Jay Garcia wrote:
On 11.06.2017 17:41, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Jay Garcia graced us with on
6/11/2017 2:22 PM:
Yes, really, not dead. :-)

Good to hear! Your nick sign should be Indy (Im.Not.Dead.Yet)
https://youtu.be/dGFXGwHsD_A?t=53

Stroke with 2 speech therapy sessions - 3 heart surgerys to take
care of
my Afib and one total knee replacepent. Nuther already!!

Stroke twenty-odd years ago .... With-in the next month or so, I'll
spend a week in Hospital recuperating from a triple heart bypass!!

Doesn't everyone have health problems now and again!?!?  ;-P

Godspeed to you, to, Daniel.

Thank's, Sailfish.

One of Australia's former Prime Minister's got mis-quoted as having
said "Life wasn't meant to be easy!"

What he actually said, apparently, was "Where would we all be if life
was meant to be easy!!"

Seems about right to me!!

Sometimes stand on the rim of the abyss of death gives a whole new
perspective to life, if we survive the visit to the precipice.

[soliloquy type="fauxPoignancy"]
One wonders as they approach the fearful precipice as to what waits
beyond, whether it be abyss or bliss, Nietzsche's admonition or St.
Peter's open arms after their dormition.
[/soliloquy]

"They" is NOT the proper pronoun. Better: "Approaching the fearful precipice, one wonders what waits..." I wish somebody would come up with a proper 'him/her' substitute. Until then we have to work around the need for it.

And there's no need for 'their' before dormition either. Nice word. Did you make it up? If so, you spelled it correctly!

--
Cheers, Bev
   Sign on restroom hand-dryer: