Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

On 6/10/2017 12:58 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 6/10/17 11:23 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 6/10/2017 8:51 AM, Caver1 wrote:
On 6/10/17 9:43 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 6/10/2017 5:26 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 10/06/2017 3:40 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 6/9/2017 9:51 AM, Sailfish wrote:
6/8/2017 11:30 PM:

In US sales, the iPhone was ahead at the end of 2016.  Haven't
checked it lately. In other countries, the price of the iPhone, with added protective tariffs, works strongly against it in sales. Price
is more an issue in some countries than others.

Last I checked, that was the case but, like you, I haven't checked
recently.

One thing that makes it really hard to compare is that the Android
phones release several months before the Apple phones, which means
sales
figures for the Apple phones are already in decline anticipating the
next release, when the Android phones are building numbers on the new
devices. I wish they would get in step. It would be more interesting.

Or if the Press were to include four, or even six, quarters of figures,
so covering pre-release quarter, release quarter and another post
release quarter for both 'phone types!

So you could slide the quarters to match the release times. Then making
meaningful comparisons would be much easier.

So maybe the iPhone sales increased for a couple of weeks but the
overall for each quarter was decline. So the new iPhones were no boost
to Apple sales. No slider needed.
What it shows is that most all iPhone sales are repeat customers and
they must be on the decline.

Not a valid conclusion.
There are peaks and valleys in the sales of any kind of product.  Let's
see what the effect of the next new phone is on sales.

It is a valid conclusion. If sales in one part of a quarter affected overall sales for that quarter then the quarter stats would show such effect. Being that the overall quarter sales are down then sales of any particular model had no upward effect.

Only analyzing sales by model would answer that question. Good sales by one device could keep overall sales from being lower, and could also have an effect on profits if that model were more profitable.