Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

On 6/10/2017 5:26 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 10/06/2017 3:40 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 6/9/2017 9:51 AM, Sailfish wrote:
6/8/2017 11:30 PM:

In US sales, the iPhone was ahead at the end of 2016.  Haven't
checked it lately.  In other countries, the price of the iPhone, with
added protective tariffs, works strongly against it in sales.  Price
is more an issue in some countries than others.

Last I checked, that was the case but, like you, I haven't checked
recently.

One thing that makes it really hard to compare is that the Android
phones release several months before the Apple phones, which means sales
figures for the Apple phones are already in decline anticipating the
next release, when the Android phones are building numbers on the new
devices.  I wish they would get in step.  It would be more interesting.

Or if the Press were to include four, or even six, quarters of figures, so covering pre-release quarter, release quarter and another post release quarter for both 'phone types!

So you could slide the quarters to match the release times. Then making meaningful comparisons would be much easier.