Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

On 6/9/2017 12:48 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 6/9/17 at 1:42 PM, Ron Hunter's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
On 6/9/2017 10:35 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 6/9/17 at 10:51 AM, Sailfish's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on 6/8/2017 11:30 PM:

In US sales, the iPhone was ahead at the end of 2016. Haven't checked it lately. In other countries, the price of the iPhone, with added protective tariffs, works strongly against it in sales. Price is more an issue in some countries than others.

Last I checked, that was the case but, like you, I haven't checked recently.

This is from last August but seemed apropos.

<https://9to5mac.com/2016/08/18/android-ios-smartphone-market-share/>

Is it reasonable to compare the sales figures of the newest Samsung devices to last year's Apple device? I don't thing it is a very accurate reading on who is doing better.

Not sure what you mean.  The charts compare the same time frames.

But the phones are released at different times of the year. Sales for a new phone are a lot better in the 6 months following release, than in the 3 months prior to a new release, so comparing the came calendar date ranges isn't representative of actual sales.