Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

On 6/9/17 1:42 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 6/9/2017 10:35 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 6/9/17 at 10:51 AM, Sailfish's prodigious digits fired off with great
aplomb:
6/8/2017 11:30 PM:

In US sales, the iPhone was ahead at the end of 2016.  Haven't
checked it lately.  In other countries, the price of the iPhone, with
added protective tariffs, works strongly against it in sales.  Price
is more an issue in some countries than others.

Last I checked, that was the case but, like you, I haven't checked
recently.

This is from last August but seemed apropos.

<https://9to5mac.com/2016/08/18/android-ios-smartphone-market-share/>

Is it reasonable to compare the sales figures of the newest Samsung
devices to last year's Apple device?  I don't thing it is a very
accurate reading on who is doing better.

It does show a steady decline in from quarter to quarter for Apple.
If you compare model to model over quarters then Apple would show increases in some quarters where their new shiny models came out, but that isn't shown. There is room for both in the market. I personally don't see the need to but the newest model constantly. Both Android and Apple push this mentality.

--
Caver1