Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

On 6/9/17 2:30 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 6/8/2017 7:57 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 6/8/17 7:41 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 6/8/2017 1:18 PM, Sailfish wrote:
6/8/2017 8:45 AM:
On 6/8/2017 1:56 AM, Sailfish wrote:

None of the above articles had to do with "jailbreaking" and this was
just a quick look at search page listings. There were others.

My assertion was that more people were likely to have their device
bricked than any malware (I should clarify that to be any non-zero
day malware); not whether you personally have been bricked. I've
provided three credible references to buttress my point and you've
offered none.

Don't need one.  I am not dissatisfied, and have made claims that need
to verified.  The error 53 is only seen if the screen of a Touch-Id
device is replaced by an unauthorized repair facility.  That's on the
user.

And yet, Apple apologized for /THEIR/ screw-up and even offered to pay
for said repairs to any and all who had experienced the same problem. I
think I'll take Apple's admission over your belief :-)

They admitted that it was a bad choice, and a poor way to handle a
repair issue.  I suspect that some states leaned on them pretty hard
about this as a consumer rights issue.

If you sell 50 million of ANYTHING in a year, and 49 million of them
are used by people who don't know much about their devices, you WILL
have some problems with updating.  I don't care what product it is.
Didn't I read something about the latest Android update bricking some
phones??

REF:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/461900/android-vs-ios-market-share-in-smartphone-sales-germany/

One, Android has consistently outsold iOS smartphones by a huge amount
and two, I never claimed that Android devices were without bricking
issues. Rather, it was that Apple iOS updates have a history of
"bricking" some portion of the users devices, which I've provided ample
credible evidence of.

Whether their per person "bricking" portion is larger than Android's is
a different issue. Since you seem to want to take the lead in this
avenue of inquiry, I'll anxiously await your credible links on it so
that I may become more informed.

You wouldn't accept any link as 'credible'.  We have been that route
before.  And name ONE Android device that has sold as many units as a
comparable iOS device.  That there are a zillion companies selling
Android phones, especially in other countries, gives them a total
numerical advantage, but in the US iOS devices still outsell Android.

If iPhones have about 15% of smartphone market, it was higher but is
dropping, that is a hard argument to make.
Haven't seen the percentages for tablets.

In US sales, the iPhone was ahead at the end of 2016.  Haven't checked
it lately.  In other countries, the price of the iPhone, with added
protective tariffs, works strongly against it in sales.  Price is more
an issue in some countries than others.

iPhone sales have been dropping for 3-4 years even in 2016 iPhones sales were only about
13-14 % market share.

--
Caver1