Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

On 6/8/2017 7:16 PM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on 6/8/2017 4:41 PM:
On 6/8/2017 1:18 PM, Sailfish wrote:

And yet, Apple apologized for /THEIR/ screw-up and even offered to pay for said repairs to any and all who had experienced the same problem. I think I'll take Apple's admission over your belief :-)

They admitted that it was a bad choice, and a poor way to handle a repair issue. I suspect that some states leaned on them pretty hard about this as a consumer rights issue.

They admitted that the problem was theirs due to a bug in their software, as I read it, no?

Whether their per person "bricking" portion is larger than Android's is a different issue. Since you seem to want to take the lead in this avenue of inquiry, I'll anxiously await your credible links on it so that I may become more informed.

You wouldn't accept any link as 'credible'. We have been that route before. And name ONE Android device that has sold as many units as a comparable iOS device. That there are a zillion companies selling Android phones, especially in other countries, gives them a total numerical advantage, but in the US iOS devices still outsell Android.

That's yet to proven since you've never provided one to my recollection. :_) Now, if you ever do, doesn't mean I would accept it on face value and not continue with additional discussion.

I wasn't the one who brought device sales into this debate, you were. Which, I will add was a valid point. My response was simply a rejoinder to normalize, as much as possible, the comparative numbers to determine which devices bricks more during updates on a per owner basis.

Well, if you compare an OS that almost never gets an update, with one that gets MANY updates, I suspect the number of problems per user will be higher, users being so unpredictable, and prone to avoiding any use of instructions.... Not exactly an equitable way to compare. It's rather like comparing a car that is driven 100,000 miles a year with one that is driven to church and the grocery store once a week (2 miles a day) and which one breaks down more times a year.