Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on 6/8/2017 4:41 PM:
On 6/8/2017 1:18 PM, Sailfish wrote:

And yet, Apple apologized for /THEIR/ screw-up and even offered to pay for said repairs to any and all who had experienced the same problem. I think I'll take Apple's admission over your belief :-)

They admitted that it was a bad choice, and a poor way to handle a repair issue. I suspect that some states leaned on them pretty hard about this as a consumer rights issue.

They admitted that the problem was theirs due to a bug in their software, as I read it, no?

Whether their per person "bricking" portion is larger than Android's is a different issue. Since you seem to want to take the lead in this avenue of inquiry, I'll anxiously await your credible links on it so that I may become more informed.

You wouldn't accept any link as 'credible'. We have been that route before. And name ONE Android device that has sold as many units as a comparable iOS device. That there are a zillion companies selling Android phones, especially in other countries, gives them a total numerical advantage, but in the US iOS devices still outsell Android.

That's yet to proven since you've never provided one to my recollection. :_) Now, if you ever do, doesn't mean I would accept it on face value and not continue with additional discussion.

I wasn't the one who brought device sales into this debate, you were. Which, I will add was a valid point. My response was simply a rejoinder to normalize, as much as possible, the comparative numbers to determine which devices bricks more during updates on a per owner basis.

--
Sailfish