Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on 6/7/2017 5:06 PM:
On 6/7/2017 1:02 PM, Sailfish wrote:

I suspect that most leave the Updates option unaltered from its opt-out "enabled" state because they are unaware of it or have been lured into thinking that Apple wouldn't intentionally create a huge regression issue with their existing Apps. Boy! are they gonna be surprised when they find out that they were harboring under a false sense of security.

I have never changed the OS update option, however, I don't update apps automatically as I like to read what is changed, instead of finding out the hard way that a feature I need has been changed, or eliminated.
Updating an OS automatically is an invitation to disaster!

I think more iPhones have been bricked with faulty iOS updates that malware, e.g.:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/13/technology/apple-ios-10-bricks-iphones/index.html

--
Sailfish