Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on 6/6/2017 11:37 PM:

THey will probably do so for a couple of years. It is my understanding that iOS 10 worked on the older phones until 10.3, but I don't have a phone old enough to check that with. Of the 120 apps I have, only ONE (weatherbug) had to be updated from 32 to 64 bit when iOS 10.3 was loaded.
It is just like any other technology device, keep up, or get left behind.

Holy Moley! 120?! I don't even have anywhere near that many on my desktop, which I consider my primary use device. Sure, a smartphone can do things like make calls and is great for GPS-travel and maybe a casual game or two for long trips (although, I prefer audible for listening to books) but 100 plus others?

--
Sailfish