Web lists-archives.com

Re: iOS 11 will render older iPhones, iPads and apps obsolete

On 6/7/2017 8:14 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 7/06/2017 4:37 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 6/6/2017 11:02 PM, Ant wrote:
iOS 10 doesn't work with my very old 32-bit iPhone 4S (stuck on iOS
v9.3.5). Does that mean Apple will not host 32-bit apps anymore for
these old iDevices? :(

THey will probably do so for a couple of years.  It is my understanding
that iOS 10 worked on the older phones until 10.3, but I don't have a
phone old enough to check that with.  Of the 120 apps I have, only ONE
(weatherbug) had to be updated from 32 to 64 bit when iOS 10.3 was loaded.
It is just like any other technology device, keep up, or get left behind.

120 Apps!! Golly Golly Gosh!!

On my Android 'phone, branded Telstra after our major Telco, I have just twelve (count them) Apps!!

Strange, I have about 75 on my Android tablet. In most cases, those that are also on the iPhone are much better, and more usable.

My biggest problem is that, when I press one of my twelve apps to use it, I usually drag the icon onto one of the other four (otherwise empty) screens!! When I inquired at the Telstra shop if I could somehow lock the icons in place without actually locking the 'phone, the tech guy said it was possible if I paid for some upgraded screen display app thingie!!

Bugger that ... guess I'll just have to continue getting frustrated!! :-( Grumpy old cummongion here I come