Web lists-archives.com

Re: Thunderbird to stay with Mozilla

On 2017-05-11 13:48, Christian Riechers <chriechers@xxxxxxxxxxxx.invalid> wrote:

On 05/11/2017 05:18 AM, B00ze wrote:
On 2017-05-10 00:53, Sailfish <NIXCAPSsailfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Is your concern that it will migrate to a cloud-based mail service
like, say, gmail.com or that or an even more lower level concern like
even POP3 support would first travel through mozilla's servers rather
than a straight transfer from your ISP to you mail client?

s/or that or/or/
ugh!

I imagine that all mail will travel through Mozilla, even POP3.

May be in your imagination, but not in reality.

It's a
slight concern because let's face it mail already travels through the
provider.

That would be hard to avoid. If this is a concern, encrypt your messages.

I just don't see why I'd have to have it travel to Mozilla's
servers and *stay* there.

Neither do I. How one can make up such nonsense I have no idea.

I came at this thinking that TB was to become a web front end, like GMail. To me this means we pull all mail from various accounts and store them on a server, then interface to that. I don't see how that's not an obvious conclusion, rather than "nonsense" ...

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  I was bad at math, but I turned that around 360 degrees.