Web lists-archives.com

Thunderbird to stay with Mozilla

Good day.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/05/09/thunderbirds-new-home-is-the-mozilla-foundation/

Glad to hear it, but I'm not sure it is for the best; especially concerned by this bit:

"As far as the future of Thunderbird is concerned, the following was noted:

    The long term plan is to migrate the code to web technologies."

Yuk. I'm using Thunderbird expressly because it is not a stupid web front end to my email. I have absolutely no desire to give all my emails to a Mozilla server and be stuck using a crappy web interface inside a web browser - it will never be as fast and flexible as what we have now. Forget addOns, for one. First Web Extensions with limited permissions, and now this...

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  0x2B | ~0x2B -Hamlet.