Web lists-archives.com

Re: Use firefox without actually starting it?

On 05/08/2017 11:19 PM, Sailfish wrote:
5/8/2017 11:08 PM:
On 05/08/2017 10:55 PM, Sailfish wrote:
5/8/2017 9:20 PM:

A big problem is that they changed the URLs, locations, etc. some of
which are hidden (at least there's a 'hidden' attribute in a likely
place in the underlying code).  They clearly want you to go to the site
and look at the ads rather than scrape the data and manipulate it
yourself.  You can't really blame them -- after all, that's their
business.  The fact that I never even see ads is irrelevant, of course.

He's been working on this for several days now and is nearly back to
where he was when the changes dropped.

Here's another url that might help, at least with getting stock quotes:
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/flashquotes.aspx?symbol=GE&symbol=HON&symbol=IBM

I believe it allows one to have up to 25 symbols and then you could
scrape that page since the Flash Quote table should be consistent.

Does that help?

Quotes aren't all that difficult, it's the rest of the stuff --
historical/current earnings, revenue, balance sheets, income statements
etc. -- that's nasty.

The left sidebar gives you other information, e.g., InfoQuotes
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/infoquotes.aspx?symbol=GE&selected=GE

has more stuff and then, within each symbol listing are links to company
filings, annual reports, &c.

Thanks. That's now ONE of the sites he taps for info. You used to be able to get it all from Yahoo directly :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
   Bluetooth is especially problematic in San Francisco because it