Web lists-archives.com

Re: Use firefox without actually starting it?

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 5/8/2017 9:20 PM:

<snip />

A big problem is that they changed the URLs, locations, etc. some of which are hidden (at least there's a 'hidden' attribute in a likely place in the underlying code). They clearly want you to go to the site and look at the ads rather than scrape the data and manipulate it yourself. You can't really blame them -- after all, that's their business. The fact that I never even see ads is irrelevant, of course.

He's been working on this for several days now and is nearly back to where he was when the changes dropped.

Here's another url that might help, at least with getting stock quotes:
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/flashquotes.aspx?symbol=GE&symbol=HON&symbol=IBM

I believe it allows one to have up to 25 symbols and then you could scrape that page since the Flash Quote table should be consistent.

Does that help?

--
Sailfish