Web lists-archives.com

Re: Benchmarks

On 4/22/17 10:26 AM, S. McDuff wrote:
On 22-Apr-2017 10:15 AM, geo wrote:

On 04/22/2017 07:26 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/22/17 8:03 AM, Desiree wrote:
On 4/13/2017 6:22 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
I came across this article this morning and decided to try the
Speedometer benchmark mentioned.

<https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/google-deprecates-octane-javascript-benchmark-because-everyone-is-basically-cheating/>

<http://browserbench.org/Speedometer/>

My results with my production Firefox 52.0.2, 53.0rc1, and 55.0a1 on
Ubuntu Linux 16.04.2 LTS. AMD Athlon(tm) II x 3 455 3.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB
RAM, GeForce GT 630 Graphics card.

52.0.2 with multiprocess (e10s) disabled by extensions (Ubuntu
Modifications extension): 17.2 Runs/Minute +- 0.61

53.0rc1 with multiprocess (e10s) disabled by Mozilla: 20.9 Runs/Minute
+- 0.45

55.0a1 with multiprocess (e10s) enabled, 4 content processes: 22.3
Runs/Minute +- 0.29

With test profiles for each.

52.0.2 with e10s disabled by extensions (Ubuntu Modifications
extension): 23.5 Runs/Minute +- 0.27

53.0rc1 with e10s disabled by Mozilla: 25.4 Runs/Minute +- 0.32

55.0a1 with e10s enabled, 4 content processes: 30.1 Runs/Minute +- 0.39

What IS that test?  I have Windows 8 Pro with a lot of RAM, i7
processor, SSD, nVidia 660, etc.

<<>>

What is it supposed to do?

<<>>

The Speedometer and MotionMark tests should be run in full screen mode.

Speedometer is a browser benchmark that measures the responsiveness of
Web applications. It uses demo web applications to simulate user
actions such as adding to-do items.

It flashes "What to do" until all the tests are done simulating the
responsiveness of Web applications.

MotionMark tests browser graphic systems and Jet Stream is a JavaScript
benchmark.

My Window 10 tests with an AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 graphics
2.2 GHz and 6 GB RAM were substantially  worse than my Firefox tests on
Linux.

I blame the hardware.

}}

expired time = 00:14:28 and counting.

how long does browserbench .org take?

and just wtf test runs is it making?

...and it keeps flashing the same thing over and over and over and......

And you couldn't see that it was running 420 tests, with a countdown and what test it was running under the test box?

I know it is a light font on a dark background. Took me awhile to notice it.

It runs 21 tests, 20 times.

I found the test results interesting with 3 versions of Firefox on my Windows and Linux systems. Release, Beta and Nightly.

Since the tests do connect to the site to run, I believe network connection speed and traffic may play into the results.

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist<https://www.coexist.org/>