Web lists-archives.com

Re: Benchmarks

On 4/22/17 8:03 AM, Desiree wrote:
On 4/13/2017 6:22 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
I came across this article this morning and decided to try the
Speedometer benchmark mentioned.

<https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/google-deprecates-octane-javascript-benchmark-because-everyone-is-basically-cheating/>

<http://browserbench.org/Speedometer/>

My results with my production Firefox 52.0.2, 53.0rc1, and 55.0a1 on
Ubuntu Linux 16.04.2 LTS. AMD Athlon(tm) II x 3 455 3.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB
RAM, GeForce GT 630 Graphics card.

52.0.2 with multiprocess (e10s) disabled by extensions (Ubuntu
Modifications extension): 17.2 Runs/Minute +- 0.61

53.0rc1 with multiprocess (e10s) disabled by Mozilla: 20.9 Runs/Minute
+- 0.45

55.0a1 with multiprocess (e10s) enabled, 4 content processes: 22.3
Runs/Minute +- 0.29

With test profiles for each.

52.0.2 with e10s disabled by extensions (Ubuntu Modifications
extension): 23.5 Runs/Minute +- 0.27

53.0rc1 with e10s disabled by Mozilla: 25.4 Runs/Minute +- 0.32

55.0a1 with e10s enabled, 4 content processes: 30.1 Runs/Minute +- 0.39

What IS that test? I have Windows 8 Pro with a lot of RAM, i7 processor, SSD, nVidia 660, etc. That test complains that Pale Moon has too small a window but doesn't say what to do about it. It won't run and on other browsers the window is the same small window it complains is too small in Pale Moon. It does run on Fx 45.9 ESR and Vivaldi 1.8756. All it does though is keep flashing the same thing over and over and over until I kill the tab. On Sea Monkey 2.46, it flashes "what to do?" a few times and then stops and that is it. What is it supposed to do?

The Speedometer and MotionMark tests should be run in full screen mode.

Speedometer is a browser benchmark that measures the responsiveness of Web applications. It uses demo web applications to simulate user actions such as adding to-do items.

It flashes "What to do" until all the tests are done simulating the responsiveness of Web applications.

MotionMark tests browser graphic systems and Jet Stream is a JavaScript benchmark.

My Window 10 tests with an AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 graphics 2.2 GHz and 6 GB RAM were substantially worse than my Firefox tests on Linux.

I blame the hardware.

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>