Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF ESR?

On 04/20/2017 10:03 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/20/17 12:53 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I'm currently running 52.0.2/linux.  A popup just asked if I wanted to
update to 52.0.2 ESR.  I ignored it (I don't want to do any more
updates), but now I'm wondering if I should switch to ESR.  I use lots
of extensions  and entries in *.css and don't want to lose them.

What should I do?

First find out why you are being offered 52.0.2 ESR.

Assuming I want to stick with 52, should I install the ESR version instead of the normal release version?

Is it because with Firefox 53.0 Mozilla

Ended Firefox Linux support for processors older than Pentium 4 and
AMD Opteron

Nope. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz Perhaps it fell into the 32-bit thing for OSX.

Switching will keep you up to date with security fixes.

I'm less worried about security than I am about losing stuff that's important to me and having to use chrome, which makes me feel dirty and disloyal.

See <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/53.0/releasenotes/>

The bastards never tell you about what you're going to lose. If I think hard maybe I can think of something I've gained in the last ten years of updates...

--
Cheers, Bev
   If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.