Web lists-archives.com

Re: The Sun sets on Firefox Developer Edition aka Aurora

On 4/18/17 10:29 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/18/2017 5:55 AM:
On 4/18/17 12:57 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/17/2017 8:35 AM:

Out of curiosity, do you know what the participation figures were for Nightly and Alpha? Or maybe a better metric would be the number of new unique bugs discovered in those two phases? Clearly, if Nightly had the majority and Alpha/Aurora had few then compacting the phases seems like a no-brainer, if only for the configuration control resource savings.

No idea how many users are on each channel. Mozilla stopped releasing that information several years ago.

As for bugs, Josa keeps a tally in the "Official Builds are out" posts on mozillaZine.

Nightly 55 fixes since 20170306 (Gecko 54) ~2063
Aurora 54 fixes since 20170123 (Gecko 53) ~2399
Beta 53 fixes since 20161114 (Gecko 52) ~3176

The daily post has a list of bugs fixed for each version since the previous days post.

<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3029482> 20170417 post.

<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3029481> 20170416 post.

The things I learn there reading the list of Nightly big fixes and break my fingers over can be astronomical. :-X

Thanks.

s/big/bug :-[

YW

--