Web lists-archives.com

Re: Benchmarks

On 4/14/2017, 8:20:47 AM, geo <geo.inbox.ingored@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> have you every tried http://speedof.me ?
>
> "SpeedOf.Me is an HTML5 Internet speed test. No Flash or Java needed!
> It is the smartest and most accurate online bandwidth test.

I challenge that - unless maybe they have some kind of cap on the speeds
they can test.

We have 250Mb fiber here, and this test only shows me getting about 50Mb
- and the Upload test fails to start, it just hangs at 'Preparing Upload
Test' after the download test finishes.

All of the other tests I've used consistently show about 230-235Mb (up
and down).

> It works well on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows and other mobile
> devices, as well as desktop computers."

It does look cool, but I dislike how many external sites it links to,
and that it says it doesn't work right with Ad blockers enabled. I did
try disabling UBlock on this site, and the speed test results were the same.