Re: Firefox Will Add a Settings Section That Lets You Control "Performance"
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 15:04:11 -0700
- From: Sailfish <NIXCAPSsailfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Firefox Will Add a Settings Section That Lets You Control "Performance"
My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on 4/12/2017 11:25 PM:
It seems I wasn't very clear with my real point. It would be much wiser to invest the resources on something that 90+% of the users will use and benefit from, no? Also, any feature that is added isn't just a one-time expenditure since then it has a recurring maintenance cost, as well.On 4/13/2017 12:23 AM, Sailfish wrote:My bloviated meandering follows what Caver1 graced us with on 4/12/2017 5:42 AM:"Mozilla engineers are working on a new section in the browser's preferences that will let users control the browser's performance."This, on the face of it, seems to break the 80/20 rule or, more probably, the 90+/10- rule. Specifically, other than geeks and Fx zealots, very few users will bother fiddling with them since they will be clueless as what to set them to or what they even are. Before committing them to a release they should pay special attention to the telemetry data as to how many and how often people use it.https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/firefox-will-add-a-settings-section-that-lets-you-control-performance-/And, seriously: "if they use UI animations" Lots of people been clamoring for Animated UI distractions, have they?Just because only 10% or less, of users use something doesn't mean it should be removed. How about making the control a special extension that only power users would choose to install? This removing of this feature, and that feature, because only 10% of users are using that feature results in a net loss of users when something they depend on is removed. It isn't always the SAME 10%! Pretty soon you have no features, and no users.
-- Sailfish Rare Mozilla Stuff: http://tinyurl.com/z86x3sg _______________________________________________ general mailing list general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
- Prev by Date: Re: Annoying page jumps
- Next by Date: Re: Firefox Will Add a Settings Section That Lets You Control "Performance"
- Previous by thread: Re: Firefox Will Add a Settings Section That Lets You Control "Performance"
- Next by thread: Re: Firefox Will Add a Settings Section That Lets You Control "Performance"