Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 57 Mockups

On 4/11/17 10:42 AM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-04-10 23:02, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 4/10/2017
2:27 PM:

Options? Features?

Anybody want to state the ones that have been added?

I'll start.

Private browsing

Actually, they were rather late with that feature
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_mode#Support_in_popular_browsers

The ability to play DRM content

Same with this one, in fact, Mozilla resisted mightily before finally
accepting it inevitability

Tracking Protection

That's a Mozilla First ATTABOY!; although, they all have it now.

One-click search engines

Another Mozilla First ATTABOY! I use it often. It does require a
separate search bar but I've always preferred that over using the URLbar
anyway. To my knowledge neither MSIE nor Chrome support a separate
search bar.

The mockups show no search bar. I haven't reread the blog but IIRC, there won't be a separate search bar in futur

I see a Search in the Customize mockup along with lot of other items including the return of the ability to add a Flexible Space. But who wants unneeded white space.

Wonder what 1Password is going to do.

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>