Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 57 Mockups

On 4/10/17 4:59 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 4/10/2017 4:26 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 10/04/2017 10:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 4/9/2017 10:58 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
Going backwards.

Note: The following screens are mockups. This means that they are not
set in stone yet, and that looks and functionality may change before
things land in Firefox 57.

<http://www.ghacks.net/2017/04/09/firefox-57-photon-mockups-activity-stream-library-compact-mode-more/>

I tested Activity Stream as a Test Pilot experiment and didn't like it. I prefer a blank New Tab page, even though I rarely use it. Looks like
it is going to be the new about:home.

The main menu mockup shows the new menu structure. Mozilla plans to
move away from the current, icon-heavy menu that is quite difficult to
navigate and use.

I find it very easy to navigate and use. The items I use most are on my
toolbar and the items I use occasionally are at the top of the Menu
Button. Users won't be able to move menu items around anymore.

Read the article to find out more about compact mode, customize options,
new library and sidebars.

Remember these are mockups and not set in stone. Yet.

Looks like they have decided to delete the features that made Firefox a
popular browser, user interface customizations, and the bookmarks
toolbar.  Don't WANT a sidebar.  Takes up too much screen space!  Looks
like Google Chrome will have another user.

With a lot of screens moving from the old 4:3 aspect ratio to the now
more common 16:10 ratio, I'm guessing some are thinking you can, sort
of, maintain the old 4:3 (approx 13:10) and still have another column
down the left hand side for this sidebar thingee!!

Could, but that is NOT how I want it to be. Why does Mozilla have to be so sure that they know what I want, and need, and force me to accept it by eliminating the OPTION. So many options have been removed in the last few years that the only thing optional is the choice of browser!

Options? Features?

Anybody want to state the ones that have been added?

I'll start.

Private browsing
The ability to play DRM content
Tracking Protection
One-click search engines

I don't suppose any of you installed Test Pilot and are testing any proposed new features like Tab Center, Containers, Activity Stream, Page Shot, Snooze Tabs, Min Vid, and Pulse?

<https://testpilot.firefox.com/?utm_source=testpilot-addon&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_campaign=testpilot-doorhanger&utm_content=not+badged>

Just complain because you don't like them when some of them become features others will use.

It appears Activity Stream and Page Shot (renamed Screenshot) are making it into a future version. I won't be using them.

I want Containers. Especially now that I found out how to open a bunch of tabs and have only one of them always open in a container tab. 👍

What about a Nightly build with a separate profile, to see the changes, and how those changes change before a release. You don't have to use it as your production browser.

The Preferences tabs have furthered my belief we need Tall Screens, not Wide Screens.

What are those 🤡 doing!

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist<https://www.coexist.org/>