Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 57 Mockups

On 4/10/17 11:09 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
On Mon Apr 10 2017 10:58:54 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
<thalionusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We have a problem in the community when people choose to hate free
software instead of loving that someone cares enough to take their
life's work and make it freely available.
Again... please. False dichotomy if I've ever heard one.

Mozilla Apologist much?

This is nothing, whatsoever, even remotely about 'hating free software.
It is about hating having to watch the slow and painful death of one of
one's favorite and beloved free software projects.

The tool to access the Internet, which Mozilla wants to be a global
public resource, open and accessible to all, no matter what browser
the user is using.

The keyword is Internet.
And the key concept that you seem to be ignoring is that the internet is
*nothing* without a web browser to access it - so, in fact, the internet
can be argued to have two sides - the pipes, and the window, and Firefox
is the latter.

To suggest that the wording in Mozilla's Mission Statement is not
intended to include Firefox as a major, if not the major aspect of said
statement - well, lets just call it what it is - Bullshit.

 Your interpretation is 💩

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>