Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 57 Mockups

On 4/10/17 10:40 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
On Mon Apr 10 2017 10:33:26 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
<thalionusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/10/17 10:14 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
Please explain to me how removing the ability of users to customize the
UI the way they want aligns with "... where individuals can shape their
own experience and are empowered...".

Answer: not only does it not align with it, it is in direct
contradiction with it.

A browser isn't the Internet, just the tool to access it.

Please. Mozilla is, first and foremost, the company that makes Firefox,
which is a web browser.

We have a problem in the community when people choose to hate free software instead of loving that someone cares enough to take their life's work and make it freely available

The tool to access the Internet, which Mozilla wants to be a global public resource, open and accessible to all, no matter what browser the user is using.

The keyword is Internet.

The Internet is the global system of interconnected computer networks that use the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link devices worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of private, public, academic, business, and government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet>

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>