Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 57 Mockups

On 10/04/2017 10:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 4/9/2017 10:58 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
Going backwards.

Note: The following screens are mockups. This means that they are not
set in stone yet, and that looks and functionality may change before
things land in Firefox 57.

<http://www.ghacks.net/2017/04/09/firefox-57-photon-mockups-activity-stream-library-compact-mode-more/>

I tested Activity Stream as a Test Pilot experiment and didn't like it.
I prefer a  blank New Tab page, even though I rarely use it. Looks like
it is going to be the new about:home.

The main menu mockup shows the new menu structure. Mozilla plans to
move away from the current, icon-heavy menu that is quite difficult to
navigate and use.

I find it very easy to navigate and use. The items I use most are on my
toolbar and the items I use occasionally are at the top of the Menu
Button. Users won't be able to move menu items around anymore.

Read the article to find out more about compact mode, customize options,
new library and sidebars.

Remember these are mockups and not set in stone. Yet.

Looks like they have decided to delete the features that made Firefox a
popular browser, user interface customizations, and the bookmarks
toolbar.  Don't WANT a sidebar.  Takes up too much screen space!  Looks
like Google Chrome will have another user.

With a lot of screens moving from the old 4:3 aspect ratio to the now more common 16:10 ratio, I'm guessing some are thinking you can, sort of, maintain the old 4:3 (approx 13:10) and still have another column down the left hand side for this sidebar thingee!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751