Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 57 Mockups

On 2017-04-09 14:51, Hartdonor <hartdonor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 11:58:32 -0400, in mozilla.general, WaltS48 wrote:

<http://www.ghacks.net/2017/04/09/firefox-57-photon-mockups-activity-stream-library-compact-mode-more/>

I tested Activity Stream as a Test Pilot experiment and didn't like it.
I prefer a  blank New Tab page, even though I rarely use it. Looks like
it is going to be the new about:home.

The main menu mockup shows the new menu structure. Mozilla plans to move away from the current, icon-heavy menu that is quite difficult to navigate and use.

I find it very easy to navigate and use. The items I use most are on my
toolbar and the items I use occasionally are at the top of the Menu
Button. Users won't be able to move menu items around anymore.

Read the article to find out more about compact mode, customize options,
new library and sidebars.

Remember these are mockups and not set in stone. Yet.

Looks workable. It's still change for change's sake, and I don't think
that's the greatest idea, but it looks like something I could live with.

Only complaint is you won't be able to hide Pocket any more.

You can probably still do it with UserChrome/Stylish, or has this been blocked?

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  "Afterwards, the universe will explode for your pleasure."