Web lists-archives.com

Firefox 57 Mockups

Going backwards.

Note: The following screens are mockups. This means that they are not set in stone yet, and that looks and functionality may change before things land in Firefox 57.

<http://www.ghacks.net/2017/04/09/firefox-57-photon-mockups-activity-stream-library-compact-mode-more/>

I tested Activity Stream as a Test Pilot experiment and didn't like it. I prefer a blank New Tab page, even though I rarely use it. Looks like it is going to be the new about:home.

The main menu mockup shows the new menu structure. Mozilla plans to move away from the current, icon-heavy menu that is quite difficult to navigate and use.

I find it very easy to navigate and use. The items I use most are on my toolbar and the items I use occasionally are at the top of the Menu Button. Users won't be able to move menu items around anymore.

Read the article to find out more about compact mode, customize options, new library and sidebars.

Remember these are mockups and not set in stone. Yet.

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>