Web lists-archives.com

Re: query re places.sqlite

On 4/7/2017 8:28 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/7/2017 12:55 AM, Ant wrote:
On 4/6/2017 12:03 PM, EE wrote:
Sogn Mill-Scout wrote:
I'm curious about the places.sqlite file that (I believe) stores the
bookmarks. Is there an optimum size beyond which it shouldn't be
allowed to grow? In other words, can it get bloated to the point of
causing problems such as excessive memory usage? I noticed that my
places.sqlite file is 215 megabytes. Is that abnormal or anything to
be concerned about? Thanks.

Sogn Mill-Scout

It also stores history.  If you never clear your browsing history, that
could be why it is so large (unless you have thousands of bookmarks).

Shouldn't there be an option to let the web browser automatically clears
histories after XX times/lines/whatever?

I use the "Expire history by days" extension.  For SeaMonkey, however,
this meant getting the older 1.2.0 version and running it through the
converter at <http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/>.

Does it that do automatically? I use the one in PrefBar extension, but have to do it manually.

--
"The fact that we can't easily foresee clues that would betray an intelligence a million millennia farther down the road suggests that we're like ants trying to discover humans. Ask yourself: Would ants ever recognize houses, cars, or fire hydrants as the work of advanced biology?" --Seth Shostak Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.