Web lists-archives.com

Re: query re places.sqlite

On 4/6/2017 12:03 PM, EE wrote:
Sogn Mill-Scout wrote:
I'm curious about the places.sqlite file that (I believe) stores the
bookmarks. Is there an optimum size beyond which it shouldn't be
allowed to grow? In other words, can it get bloated to the point of
causing problems such as excessive memory usage? I noticed that my
places.sqlite file is 215 megabytes. Is that abnormal or anything to
be concerned about? Thanks.

Sogn Mill-Scout

It also stores history.  If you never clear your browsing history, that
could be why it is so large (unless you have thousands of bookmarks).

Shouldn't there be an option to let the web browser automatically clears histories after XX times/lines/whatever?
--
"He was a musical ant. He was there for the song." --Rick (Rick Moranis episode from The Muppets) Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.