Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox Is Getting a Massive Redesign, And This Is What It Looks Like

On 2017-04-05 21:25, WaltS48 <thalionusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/5/17 9:05 PM, B00ze wrote:
On 2017-04-05 02:21, Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/4/2017 7:33 PM, B00ze wrote:
On 2017-04-04 12:04, The Real Bev <bashley101+moz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nowadays, it's almost always about simplicity and UIs have to be as
minimalistic as possible.

I blame the smartphone.

You should blame Apple, and to some extend Google. Yes it started on
the
smartphone, but it is Apple (John Ive) who suddenly decided that
"skeuomorphic" UIs were bad, that buttons that actually look like
buttons are bad, that things that look like what their function is are
bad, and that everything has to be pale gray over white background and
unreadable. Everybody followed...

I think he may have been well behind the pack in this. Google and
Mozilla were already way down the road on this before he jumped in at
Apple.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Google did it first or if Apple started it, but
one of these two did it, and everyone followed :-(

IOS 10.3 still has some cases in which the 'buttons' don't even have
readable text to show what they do, just a grey area to tap. Not
spending enough time on 'polish' these days.

They think 'polish' is un-cool. If they had to design a door, it would
probably not have a handle, because it's too skeuomorphic and un-cool;
you'd likely have to yell at the door and it would open mechanically...

Regards,

I usually walk up to those sliding doors without handles and they open
automatically without me yelling at them.

LOL! Yeah you're right! I had a picture of a bathroom door in my mind, for some reason I never thought of simple sliding doors we see everywhere. Bad example ;-)

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  There's no government like no government.