Web lists-archives.com

Re: Google takes Symantec to the woodshed for mis-issuing 30,000 HTTPS certs

My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on 3/24/2017 8:08 PM:
On 3/24/2017 at 11:02 PM, Sailfish's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on 3/24/2017 7:49 PM:
On 3/24/2017 at 12:35 PM, Sailfish's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
REF: https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/03/google-takes-symantec-to-the-woodshed-for-mis-issuing-30000-https-certs/
Google jumping the gun?

30,000 vs. 127 - Hey, merely a couple of orders of magnitude (and then some), whats all the quibbling of differing numbers.

Looks like a "He said, she said."

And more smoke than fire.

If it turns out that the number is really less than 150, it would be a significant faux pas on Google's part to glaringly attack another company's integrity without credible information, no?

Indeed. Still, from the accounts in the link it seems as if nothing is settled. Fingers pointing this way and that. The Internet is like sex. It's messy. Fun, but messy. I like the Internet. :-D

Nothing settle yet but it will be interesting to follow it to see where it leads and what the ramifications are, no?

--
Sailfish