Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 03/21/2017 01:18 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On 3/21/2017, 1:06:53 PM, »Q« <boxcars@xxxxxxx> wrote:
In <news:I_KdnS7GpYej0kzFnZ2dnUU7-eednZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Wolf K." <wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2017-03-21 11:31, Disaster Master wrote:
On 3/21/2017, 10:41:18 AM, Wolf K. <wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2017-03-21 10:07, Disaster Master wrote:
[...]
The main amendment that demolished States Rights was the 17th
amendment.
It's about how the States elect their Senators. As I understand
it, it expands on and clarifies the first sentence of Article 3
(which it quotes). How does that infringe on States' Rights?
It didn't clarify anything, it completely changed the process.

Senators used to be appointed by the State Legislatures - and more
importantly, could be recalled/replaced at any time at the pleasure
of the Legislature.
I was under the impression that different States had different
processes.
During the few years immediately preceding ratification of the 17th,
as many as 29 states had been binding their legislatures to select U.S.
Senators in accordance with popular referenda.

Yes, the process for neutering the power of the individual States was
well on its way, but the money powers wanted to make sure they couldn't
undo it with by simply repealing the statute.

The impetus for the
17th came from the state legislatures themselves, under pressure from
constituents who were tired of the corruption caused by legislative
selection of Senators.

That was the line of BS they were fed, yes.

ISTM Disaster has misunderstood badly (again),

No, I simply understand that the money powers have been trying to
undermine our Constitutional Republic since before the ink was dry.

The money powers were who the signers of the Constitution wanted to have they power.
You really are blind.

--
Caver1